To change the hostname/domain of SquaredUp you will need to:
- Add appropriate DNS records for the new hostname.
- Re-configure IIS to listen on the new hostname with an appropriate SSL/HTTPS certificate.
- Re-configure the SquaredUp enterprise application in Azure Active Directory (AAD).
If you deployed SquaredUp from the Azure Marketplace, the virtual machine (VM) will have been configured with a public IP address. This IP address can be used as part of your DNS record, e.g. an A record pointing to that IP.
To configure a new hostname, create an appropriate DNS record following the instructions from your domain or DNS provider.
To ensure IIS can handle requests for the new hostname, it must be bound to the hostname and an appropriate SSL certificate configured.
- If you are using your own SSL certificate, follow the instructions here
- If you wish to use a self-signed certificate, SquaredUp can generate this for you. Follow the instructions here.
When the SquaredUp enterprise application is first created in Azure Active Directory (AAD), a specific reply/redirect URL is configured which matches the virtual machine's hostname, e.g. squaredup.uksouth.cloudapp.com. If you wish to use a new hostname this must be reconfigured.
- Browse to portal.azure.com and login.
- Select Azure Active Directory from the left-hand services menu.
- Select App registrations.
Select your application from the list, it will be named similarly to
SquaredUpAzure-XXXXXX. You may need to select the All applications tab to view the full list.
You can ensure it's the correct application by verifying the Application (Client) ID of the application matches the
squaredupv4folder. (For an Azure Marketplace deployment the
squaredupv4folder will typically be located at
F:\squaredupv4. For an install using the downloadable installer the default location is
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SquaredUpv4, but a custom location may have been chosen during the installation.
- Select Authentication from the left-hand menu.
- Under Redirect URIs add your new domain with
https://, leaving the Type as Web, e.g.
- Select Save
- Browse to the new hostname/domain you have configured. If everything is working as expected, you should be prompted to login.