This article concerns upgrading from one minor release of SquaredUp for SCOM to another, for example or v4.71 to v4.8.
If you have an earlier version of SquaredUp for SCOM already installed, then the installer will upgrade your installation:
- For upgrades to the next major version, such as v4 to v5, or v3 to v4, the installer will default to installing side-by-side to your previous instance, see How to migrate from SquaredUp for SCOM v4 to v5 or How to migrate from SquaredUp for SCOM v3 to v4
- Upgrades to a minor version, such as v4.6.0 to v4.8.1, or v5.0 to v5.0.1, are covered by this article.
If you are using multiple SquaredUp servers using high availability (HA) with a load balancer see Upgrading SquaredUp when using high availability.
To carry out a minor upgrade you simply run the new installer .exe that you have downloaded on the server where SquaredUp is installed.
The installer will run through a similar process to when you first installed v4 or v5.
- Before upgrading we recommend you backup SquaredUp.
- Download the latest version of SquaredUp.
- Run the installer that you have downloaded.
Leave the default install type as In-Place.
The installer automatically chooses the appropriate install type:
In-Place - If a release of the same version is already installed the installer will default to an In-Place upgrade, meaning that it will upgrade the current v5 instance (leaving the v4 instance to run as normal).
For example, if you already have v4.0.5 installed and you want to upgrade to v4.0.7, you should leave the install type as the default of In-place.
Side-By-Side - If v5 is not already installed, but v4 is, then the installer will default to a Side-By-Side upgrade, and will migrate the v4 content into a new v5 instance (leaving the v4 instance to run as normal). For important information about migrating from v4 to v5 see How to migrate from SquaredUp for SCOM v4 to v5 or from v3 to v4 see How to migrate from SquaredUp v3 to v4.
- Complete the installer, and open SquaredUp.
When you upgrade to SquaredUp v4.6 onwards any upgraded dashboard packs will be imported.
If you haven't made any changes to the dashboards or perspectives being upgraded then they will be overwritten automatically.
If changes have been made to the dashboards or perspectives in the upgraded packs then you will be shown a Conflicts Detected page when logging in to SquaredUp.
For more information see Dashboard pack upgrades.
If you have configured high availability (HA)
If you are using multiple SquaredUp servers using high availability (HA) with a load balancer there are some important considerations to be aware of.