A Service Level Tracking Summary Report in SCOM can be useful if you wish to verify that the data shown in SquaredUp matches that shown in SCOM for a particular Service Level Object (SLO).
SquaredUp does not support Collection Rule SLOs, or the unmonitored state which should not be ticked in the Monitor SLO configuration.
First check the details of the SLA tile in SquaredUp. Click on the edit button to edit the dashboard, and then the edit tile button to open the tile configuration, and make a note of the following:
- Service Level Objective (SLO) name
- Timeframe - If you have selected use page timeframe then the default page timeframe is 12 hours, which can be changed by the user at the top of the page.
Next, we will configure the Service Level Tracking Summary Report in SCOM:
- In SCOM go to the Reporting workspace, then the Microsoft Service Level Report Library and double click on Service Level Tracking Summary Report.
- First we will choose either daily or hourly Data Aggregation. SquaredUp uses hourly data by default as long as it is available for the whole reporting timeframe, otherwise it uses daily data. Whether hourly data is available for the whole timeframe will depend on your Data Warehouse data retention settings. For a timeframe of 12 or 24 hours it will probably be using hourly data aggregation, for timeframes over 2 days (i.e. 7 days, 30 days, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months) SquaredUp will be probably be using daily data.
- Next we need to set the time period. For my 30 day Timeframe I can select Advanced in the From dropdown, and then change it from no offset to minus 30 days.
Click the Add button and search for your Service Level Object (SLO). Select it, click Add and then OK.
- Click the Run button at the top left.
Check the results match those shown in SquaredUp:
If the figures do not match you should check the configuration of the SLO to ensure that unmonitored is not ticked, check again you are using the correct Data Aggregation setting, and run an Availability Report to examine downtime: How to create an Availability Report in SCOM.