SquaredUp brings together data from your existing platforms and tools on-demand, creating interactive, single-pane-of-glass dashboards and drilldowns for real-time insights.
It's not just about data from Azure, but from a whole range of different providers, using SQL databases, iframes or any REST API.
There are three main SquaredUp tiles that help you integrate third party applications:
You might like to watch this 2 minute introduction to Integrations:
Or this longer webinar - "Integrating with Splunk, New Relic, Solarwinds and more" (38 mins) which demos different methods.
1. Web API tile
Any other provider with a REST API can be added to a dashboard using the Web API tile.
The Web API tile can utilise any API which returns JSON. In particular, REST (Representational State Transfer) APIs, which are a type of stateless web API, are ideal. The tile can connect to services using various authorization methods (more details below).
Your first port of call is the API documentation on the providers website for the service you wish to integrate with. Firstly, you should search for information about the API you want to use (for example, Google rest api docs or oauth2), and then read the API provider's documentation looking for the information you need to use in SquaredUp. Queries are written using the syntax of the remote system you're connecting to, so these will vary between vendors.
For the most used APIs we've now created dedicated specific tiles to make integration quicker and simpler:
- If you want to display incidents or change requests from ServiceNow, you can use the dedicated ServiceNow tile which is quick and easy to set up. If you want to show any other data from ServiceNow, use the WebAPI tile. How to use the ServiceNow tile
- How to use the Azure App Insights tile
- How to use the Azure Monitor Logs tile
Along with this general article, we've also written specific articles about how to integrate with some popular APIs using the Web API tile:
- How to use the Web API tile with PagerDuty
- How to use the Web API tile with Splunk
- How to use the Web API tile with Google APIs such as Google Analytics
- How to use the Web API tile with Pingdom
- Blog: Integrating SquaredUp with external APIs: UptimeRobot
Or jump into our webinar for demos integrating these applications:
For more information see How to use the Web API tile.
2. SQL tile
The SQL tile can show grid or scalar results using SQL queries, as seen in the webinar demo of Solar Winds.
For more information see How to use the SQL Tile.