Before you configure the Web API tile for use with Pingdom you need to create a Pingdom provider in SquaredUp.
Adding a provider is a one-time configuration task, and once the provider has been configured it can be used each time you configure a tile.
You may like to refer to the Pingdom API documentation or speak to your Pingdom expert.
For Pingdom the provider must be created as a simple provider, as described below:
- Log on to SquaredUp and navigate to the right-hand menu ☰ > system > Integrations.
- Click on the Web API button in Add An Integration.
- Click on the Simple provider type
- In the service name box type in a suitable name, e.g. Pingdom
The base URL should be the current Pingdom API URL, for example:
We recommend you include the API version here in the base URL, so if the API version changes you only need to update it here, rather than in every tile.
- Under default headers click add
Add the following:
Bearer<API token from Pingdom>
You can create an API token by logging in to Pingdom > Integrations > The Pingdom API > Add API token
Copy the API token from Pingdom before closing the window:
Paste the API token into the authorization value box in SquaredUp, prepended by the word
For more information see How to use the Web API tile