Before you configure the Web API tile for use with PagerDuty you need to create a PagerDuty provider in SquaredUp.
Adding a provider is a one-time configuration task, and once the provider has been configured it can be used each time you configure a tile.
For PagerDuty the provider must be created as a simple provider, as described below:
- Log on to SquaredUp and navigate to the right-hand menu ☰ > system > Integrations.
- Click on the Web API button in Add An Integration.
- Click on the Simple provider type
- In the service name box type in a suitable name, e.g. PagerDuty
The base URL should be the current PagerDuty API URL, for example:
- Under default headers click add
Add the following information to the boxes as shown below:
First box (name):
authorizationSecond box (value):Paste into the authorization second box in SquaredUp, prepended by
Token token=<API token from PagerDuty>
You can create an API access key (token) by logging in to PagerDuty > Developer Tools (top right) > API Access > Create New API Key, and ticking Read-only API Key.
Copy the API access key from PagerDuty before closing the window:
Token token=as shown above.
- Click Save.
For more information see How to use the Web API tile