What's New in SquaredUp Dashboard Server
What’s New in v5.2
SquaredUp Dashboard Server v5.2 includes the following new features:
PowerShell tile enhancements
New visualisations for Splunk
Public GitHub Samples repository
Various security improvements
The hugely popular PowerShell visualisation tiles have been enhanced in this release to provide script execution controls and security configuration:
• Create your own Run As accounts for improved security.
• Configure script execution interval to independently control the load on your external data sources.
• All visualisation scripts now run inside their own child process for increased robustness, with the ability to choose the execution environment (.NET Framework or .NET Core) for each script independently depending on the version of PowerShell your script is written.
New Splunk visualisations
The Splunk tile now includes a full range of visualisations: Bar Graph, Donut, Line Graph, Scalar, Sparklines, Grid, Status Icons and Blocks.
A new public GitHub repository has been published, that contains sample dashboards and scripts, is now available and accessible from within the SquaredUp application. The GitHub repository is opened to contributions from the community. Browse the repository for dashboard ideas and various scripts to help you make the most of SquaredUp. From SolarWinds and Log Analytics dashboards to purpose-built SQL and PowerShell scripts, be sure to take a look at the growing list of samples and contribute your own creations!
A number of security improvements have been made in this release, following our regular independent security review and penetration test. Best practices for secure deployment of SquaredUp have been updated.
Download now & more information
Step by step guides on how to update SquaredUp Dashboard Server:
For upgrades to minor versions:
For upgrades to major versions:
Dashboard Server was released with v5. When the next major version is available the article link will be shown here.
What’s New in v5.1
SquaredUp Dashboard Server v5.1 includes the following new features:
- New visualisations available for the Elasticsearch, PowerShell, and SQL tiles
- Dashboard Server Enterprise edition
New visualisations available for the Elasticsearch, PowerShell and SQL tiles
The Elasticsearch, PowerShell, and SQL tiles now include the full suite of visualisations: bar graph, donut, grid, line graph, scalar, sparklines and status.
Dashboard Server Enterprise edition
Dashboard Server is free forever for up to 3 users. And we have just introduced the Enterprise edition for companies who need the flexibility to scale up their Dashboard Server usage. The Enterprise edition includes the following features:
- Purchase 10 or more users: dashboards for all your teams anywhere in your organisation
- Team Folders: manage access to your dashboards and delegate control to specific groups of users inside and outside your organization so the right people see the right data. See Team Folders
- High availability: enable load-balancing between servers or create two or more different access points into SquaredUp with different modes of authentication. See Enabling High Availability
- Enterprise integrations:
- Dev/Test license
- Onboarding & Technical Support: Setup assistance and training to get you up and running fast, and exceptional support that won’t let you down
What’s New in v5.0
Dashboard Server is a dashboard tool that’s quick to implement, easy to set up, and effortless to maintain. Dashboard Server functions independently of SCOM and Azure and introduces a new PowerShell tile so you can dashboard virtually any data.
Connect to any data source
- Web API - Pull data from external web sources and display data from any API (How to use the Web API tile)
- SQL - Visualise data from SQL databases using standard queries (How to use the SQL tile)
- PowerShell – endlessly extend with metrics from any source using PowerShell (How to use the PowerShell tile)
Native Data Integrations
Visualise your data
Comprehensive range of data visualisations for creating amazing dashboards; Bar Graph, Donut, Line Graph, Scalar, Sparklines, Grid, Status Icons and Blocks.
Create unlimited dashboards and share them with everyone in your organisation using Open Access (What is Open Access?).