Before the SLA tile can be used, you must have one or more Service Level Objectives defined in your SCOM management group.
The following steps describe how to create a Service Level Objective that can be used for all of your Distributed Applications. If you already have Service Level Objectives configured in SCOM, you can use those.
- Open the SCOM Operations Console.
- Go to Authoring workspace (Authoring tab on bottom left).
- Select Authoring > Management Pack Objects > Service Level Tracking in the left-hand tree view.
- Click Create in the right-hand task pane.
On the General page, enter the following details and click Next:
Name: Service Availability
- On the Objects to Track page click Select... next to Targeted class
- Set the Search result filter dropdown to Distributed Application
- In the list, select Service (from System Library). Click OK
- Ensure the Scope is set to All objects of the targeted class
- Click the New button to create a new management pack, for example
On the Service Level Objectives page Click Add > Monitor state SLO
Enter the following details and click OK
Service level objective name: Availability
Targeted class: Service
Service level objective goal: 99.000
Specify states: Critical is checked
SquaredUp does not support unmonitored, and it should not be ticked.
- Click Next.
- On the Summary page, click Finish.