A group's health state stays in the grey/uninitialized no health information or unknown state when viewed in SquaredUp.
To read more about health states for objects see Status Icons.
When you create a group in SCOM it does not by default have a health rollup monitor or any unit monitors, so the health state stays in the grey/uninitialized no health information state.
To show the health of the group members using the group object you will need to add a health rollup monitor.
- In SCOM click on the Authoring tab
- Expand Management Pack Objects.
- Right-click on Monitors, select Create a Monitor and then Dependency Roll Up Monitor.
- Give the monitor a suitable name.
- The Monitor Target should be your group.
- Leave the Parent monitor set to Availability.
- Select the same unsealed management pack that your group is in.
- Click Next to move on to Monitor Dependency.
- Expand Object (Contains Entities), expand Entity Health, and click on Availability.
- Click Next, Next, Create.
After you have created a health rollup you may have to wait a minute or two and then your dashboards should show the health for your group.
Here is a blog that provides a very straightforward walkthrough with screenshots:https://sites.google.com/site/scomblogs/journal-blog/monitoringtheavailabilityandhealthofagroupinscom
Alternatively, in order to simplify this process, Tao Yang, MVP, has created a community Management Pack - OpsMgr Group Health Rollup Configuration Task Management Pack - which provides an agent task to create dependency monitors for the selected groups using the OpsMgr SDK.
Full details of that are available here;