Availability for an Enterprise Application is shown incorrectly after the 'test from' group is changed
If the test from group (watcher group) is changed from one group to another for a particular Enterprise Application (EA) on the Availability configuration screen, this may result in the availability of the EA not been shown correctly.
This is because changing the test from group doesn't remove the old group, so the EA ends up with machines from both groups running the tests.
- In SCOM go to the Authoring tab.
- Open Authoring > Management Pack Objects > Object Discoveries.
Click on the Scope button at the top of the screen.
- Click on the radio button for View all targets.
- In the Look for box type the name of the test you are using, for example
Enterprise Application Availability Monitoring Test (Web), or the TCP or the custom test name.
- Tick the test name (as used in the previous step) and click OK.
- Locate the discovery for the particular Enterprise Application in question, and right-click on it.
Click on Overrides > Override the Object Discovery > For a specific object of class.
- Select the server you want to exclude, and click OK.
- In the Parameter Name column look for Enabled and tick the box in the Override column for this row.
- In the Override Value column select False.
Tick the box in the Enforced column (scroll right if necessary) for the same row.
- Click OK.
- You should repeat the above five steps to exclude each server in the test from group that you have removed from the EA.
- Wait a couple of minutes.
- Next we need to run a PowerShell cmdlet. Open the Operations Manager Shell: Start > Microsoft System Center > Operations Manager Shell.
Run the following cmdlet in your SCOM PowerShell:
- Check the EA Availability is now updating correctly.
The override can then be cleaned up. You can do this by right-clicking on the discovery, clicking on Overrides > Summary > For the Object Discovery, selecting the override for the specific computer object, which has the Changed value of False, and clicking Delete.