Server Spec and Sizing Guidelines
Squared Up web server
- x64 Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 (or above), 2012, or 2016.
- .NET Framework 4.5.2 * (To install this the server needs an internet connection, so if the server is offline, you should download and install .NET 4.5.2 from here.)
- Windows IIS Web- roles *
- IIS URL Rewrite Module 2.0 *
- Can be installed on a Systems Center Operations Manager (SCOM) management server or root management server.
- Can be installed on the same web server as the Operations Manager web consoles.
System Center Operations Manager
The SCOM management server must be running Operations Manager 2012, 2012 SP1 or R2 (or above), or 2016. Operations Manager 2007 is not supported.
Server Sizing Guidelines
Squared Up has no defined minimum requirements for installation, the following specifications are a guideline on how you may wish to set-up your environment.
|Environment||Squared Up Users||Servers monitored by SCOM||CPU||Memory||Azure Equivalent||Load Balanced Instances|
|Small Lab||<10||<100||1||1 GB||Azure A0 VM||1|
|Small Production||<10||100 - 1000||2||3.5 GB||Azure A2 VM||1|
|Large Production||10 - 100||1000 - 5000||4||7 GB||Azure A3||2|
|Very Large Production||>100||5000 - 15000||8||14 GB||Azure A4||2 or More|
When using Open Access we recommend an additional 100 MB memory per dashboard that will be made available as Open Access (regardless of how many clients are connecting to the Open Access dashboard).
Clients and Browsers
- Windows (all versions)
- Chrome 40 or later
- Internet Explorer 11 or later
- Firefox 45 or later
- Android 2.3.6 or later
- Native browser
- iOS (iPad, iPhone) 5.0 or later
Microsoft’s support for Internet Explorer 10 and earlier is very limited. At the time of writing, IE10 is only supported on Windows Server 2012 (not R2) and Windows Vista.
Squared Up provides limited support for Internet Explorer 10. Known limitations include:
- No Company Knowledge editing
Internet Explorer 9 and earlier versions are not supported.
Other operating system and browser combinations may also work, but may have had limited or no testing and will not be supported.
To add SCOM data to your Visio diagrams you will need the ‘Professional’ edition or above.
Windows IIS Features