Authentication with the System Center Operations Manager server was unsuccessful
A user sees the following message when trying to logon:
"Authentication with the System Center Operations Manager server was unsuccessful"
This message means that either:
- The user trying to log on is not a SCOM user and is therefore unable to authenticate against the SCOM SDK.
- The SCOM server specified is incorrect or inaccessible and therefore SquaredUp cannot communicate with the SCOM SDK.
If others users can log in:
Check that this user is a SCOM user. Check in Active Directory Users and Computers that this user is a member of a group that has permissions to access SCOM. Commonly used roles include Administrator and Read-Only Operator, but users with other roles - such as Read-Only Operator, Operator, Advanced Operator and Author - may also log on, see Who can log on to SquaredUp?.
If no one can log in:
Check that the SCOM server specified is correct and that the System Centre Data Access Service is running on that server:
- On the SCOM server open Server Manager > Tools > Services and right-click on the System Center Data Access Service and click start or restart. Then test again.
Run notepad as administrator (File, Run, type
notepad, and then right-click and select Run as administrator) and then open the
By default this is stored in
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SquaredUpv5\User\Configuration\scom.jsonWhere to find the
The default location for the
SquaredUpv[Version Number]folder is
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SquaredUpv[Version Number], but a custom location may have been chosen during the installation.
For example, for SquaredUp v5 the default folder location is
C:\inetpub\wwwroot\SquaredUpv5and for v4
If you are using high availability (HA) check the
scom.jsonon any SquaredUp server.
Update the value next to
server-addressto the correct SCOM server name, for example:
SCOMServer01should be replaced by your SCOM server name.
- Save the file.
- Recycle the SquaredUp application pool in IIS in your SquaredUp server(s).
- Check that you can log in to SquaredUp.